BY-NC 4.0 License
The terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC 4.0) License apply to any and all free-to-use content developed and distributed by Animoplex. This excludes any products or goods that are sold through the Animoplex website or a third party reseller on our behalf:
You are free to:
- Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- Non-Commercial - You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
The following terms may be amended to allow attribution-free and commercial use of any and all free-to-use content developed and distributed by Animoplex. This excludes any products or goods that are sold through the Animoplex website or a third party reseller on our behalf:
- Materials - Any free-to-use content provided to you by the licensor, in any medium or format. These can take the form of video media, project compositions, and still images. This excludes any products or goods that are sold through the Animoplex website or a third party reseller on our behalf.
- Commercial Use - Any platform or environment, online or otherwise, that allows you to sell, re-sell, publish, or provide goods and services for monetary gain of any kind. Examples include, but are not limited to: Envato, Elance, Fiverr, freelance work, employed work.
- Personal Use - Any use, online or otherwise, that you display, distribute, or share content and do not receive any direct compensation. Examples include, but are not limited to: demo reels, case studies, YouTube mashups, software tutorials.
Additional Terms & Restrictions
The terms of Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC 4.0) License remain in full effect and unchanged.
The NonCommercial (NC) requirement of the CC BY-NC 4.0 license may be waived if the following terms are met:
- Extensively Modified - Your Commercial Use of the Materials is extensively modified to the point of no longer being recognizable as the original Materials. It may resemble the original Materials in certain aspects, however, you must remix and adapt the Materials into other works of your own doing and the Materials should not be presented solely on their own.
The Attribution (BY) requirement of the CC BY-NC 4.0 license may be waived if the following terms are met:
- Reasonably Modified - Your Personal Use or Commercial Use of the Materials is reasonably modified to the point of not being confused with the original Materials.
Exclusion of Products
This license excludes any products, goods, or services that are sold through the Animoplex website or a third party reseller on our behalf. If you donated an amount other than $0.00 on a product that is otherwise available free of charge, this license covers those free-to-use materials.
The materials are provided "As-Is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the materials or the use or other dealings in the materials.
Below are some questions and scenarios to help you decide if you can use our materials. If you are unsure about your situation, just ask. Reading through these can avoid a copyright strike or legal action against your use of the materials. Use common sense.
- Yes - We encourage this! But you must cite the source as Animoplex and/or include our web url. If you reasonably modify the materials and incorporate it into your projects, you may do so without attribution. If you did not put an effort into modifying the materials, you cannot claim it as your own.
- Yes - Feel free to use the materials for this purpose. You must cite the source as Animoplex and/or include our web url whenever possible.
Re-post on blog
- Yes - You may re-post our free materials as long as they link back to Animoplex.com and cite Animoplex as the source. The files and materials must have license information intact and must not be claimed as original work. This is to ensure everyone has access to the free materials in it's entirety and is aware of the original source to find more materials.
Share on social media
- Yes - You may re-post our free materials as long as they link back to Animoplex.com and cite Animoplex as the source. Feel free to tag Animoplex on the various social platforms!
- Possibly - If our free materials are extensively modified, you may monetize with ads on a blog or video hosting service. The materials must not be the main focus of your product and must not be recognizable as the original materials. If it's obviously not your work, the answer is no.
Use in products
- Possibly - If our free materials are extensively modified and incorporated into other original works by you, then you may include them as assets in your project. They must not be the main focus of your product and must not be recognizable as the original materials. If it's obviously not your work, the answer is no.
Sell content as-is
- No - You cannot sell our free stock footage, renders, tutorials, still images, project files or unmodified materials created from project files. This is to ensure everyone has free access to our materials.
Sell in collection
- No - If you did not put substantial effort into modifying the materials, the answer is no. Color shifts, cropping and minor edits do not qualify.
- Reasonably modified - You may use the modified materials for any personal or non-profit purposes. A link to us is always appreciated, but not required as long as the materials are modified.
- Included as-is - You are allowed to use our materials as-is, as long as you cite the source as Animoplex and include our web url.
- Extensively modified - You may use the extensively modified materials for commercial purposes. A link to us is always appreciated, but not required as long as the modified materials are not recognizable as the original.
- Included as-is - You may not use our materials as-is, in any way, for commercial purposes. If you did not put substantial effort into modifying the materials, the answer is no.
Animoplex encourages open remixing and adaptive use of our free materials. We want you to explore, learn something new, and use our free materials as a foundation for your artwork.
However, you may not sell or claim the free materials as your own without extensive modification to the original works.
Our goal with this extended license is to provide a more open framework for you to use our free materials. Think of this license as a middle ground between CC BY-NC and CC0 Public Domain, giving you plenty of extra creative freedom while allowing us to retain copyright of the work. The Attribution and Non-Commercial restrictions may be completely waived if you read and follow our extended CC Plus License requirements above. Otherwise, you are subject to the default CC BY-NC 4.0 restrictions. If you are unsure, check out the FAQ